White forest cake is an excellent choice; it is made of different layers and compliments the occasion; it adds a classic look to the parties. It is a variation of European-style vanilla cakes. White forest cakes look pretty as a peach. One can order it for their anniversary, marriage, and engagement parties. It tastes delicious. White forest cakes are a definite choice for people if the function is in a white painted place as it complements the décor. White forest flavored also works well for decorations. With a white background, the design on the cake sparkles differently.
White Forest Cake is a twist on the European style. White forest cake is filled with white chocolate, thus the name white chocolate. It also has sour cherries and plenty of Kirschwasser (Kirschwasser is a clear, colorless brandy).
A white forest cake is readily available in the confectionaries and bakeries. Still, it is better to order a white forest cake beforehand to get a freshly made cake for your function, and you can also get the cake according to your preference of design and icing on the cake.
Here’s some good news: you can also make a spectacular white forest at home if you have a home oven, provided you want to spend the time and enjoy the cake made from your own hands. Don your baker’s hat and bake a white forest cake yourself. The required ingredients and methods are mentioned below. Get ready for the fun of baking.
Table of Contents
Ingredients Used to Design White Forest Cake
A white forest cake will be made in two steps. Firstly the cherry filling will be prepared then the assembling of the cake will be done.
- Cherries, six hundred and seventy (670) grams of fresh or frozen cherries, and juice.
- One hundred and twenty (120) millilitres of kirschwasser
- Thirty-five (35) grams of cornstarch
- Two hundred and twenty-five (225) grams of granulated sugar
For the Assembly:
- Vanilla sponge cake baked in two eight inches pans (either bake a vanilla sponge cake at home or directly buy it from any good nearby bakery)
- One hundred and ten (110) grams of granulated sugar
- Two tablespoons of kirschwasser
- About four hundred and eighty (480) milliliters of heavy cream
- Thirty (30) grams of confectioner’s sugar
- One hundred and fifteen (115) grams of white melted chocolate
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- White chocolate shavings for garnishing
Instruction to prepare the cherries:
- Prepare the cherries first
- Bring together the cherries and their juice with the kirschwasser and set aside for three to four hours overnight.
- Squeeze about one (1) cup of cherry juice and save it for use in later processes.
- In a bowl, whisk corn starch with one-fourth (1/4) cup of cherry juice. This is the corn-starch slurry.
- Combine the cherries and all the juice in a saucepan along with granulated sugar. Cook this over medium flame till the granulated sugar starts melting, and the liquid begins to boil. Lower the flame and add the corn-starch slurry. Mix it well and let it cook till the mixture becomes translucent.
- Transfer them to a bowl once the cherries are done and cover them up using a plastic sheet. Let it come to room temperature. You can also prepare a day before assembling the cake; that will be more convenient.
Assembling the white forest cake
- Mix the cherry juice (that we saved for later use) with a half cup of granulated sugar in a small saucepan and heat over low flame till the sugar is melted.
- Then remove the saucepan from the stove and add about twelve (12) tablespoons of kirschwasser.
- Take out ten to twelve (10-12) best-looking cherries from the mixture for garnishing and decorating the top of the cake.
- Please take out the two (2) vanilla sponge cakes and split them in the middle, so four layers of vanilla cake are available.
- Separately whip the heavy cream along with confectioner’s sugar well enough to make soft peaks, then whisk a cup of soft peak cream with white chocolate to temper, add this white chocolate back to the soft peak cream bowl, add vanilla extract, and whip again till the consistency reaches the high peak.
- Fill a pastry bag with half of the cream with an opening of your shape.
- On a serving plate, bring one layer of the sponge cake, brush it with cherry syrup, make a border around the edge of the cake and fill the cherry mixture onto the sponge.
- Spread it evenly and top it with a layer of white chocolate from the bowl, do the same process with all the layers of the sponge cake. In the final layer, spread the remaining cream from the bowl and evenly spread it to smoothen the sides and top of the cake with a silicon spatula.
- Wrap the sides of the white forest cake with a plastic sheet and put it in the refrigerator for three to four (3-4) hours. You can make flowers on the top of the cake if you have cream left. After four (4) hours, when you bring out the cake from the refrigerator, garnish it with white chocolate shavings, and the cherries are kept aside for decoration purposes.
Your white chocolate cake is ready. Enjoy it with your family and friends.
Pro Tip: You can also use dark chocolate and gems shavings to decorate your cake. You can make this white forest cake at lunch or dinner parties and serve it as a dessert to mesmerise your guests with your exceptional and excellent talent for baking a white forest cake.
Earlier we mentioned that you could make a white forest cake if you have an oven, remember that the oven is required to complete the vanilla sponge cake. If you decide to buy the vanilla sponge cake from the outside, you need not require an oven.