You’ll find a range of reptiles and sea animals around you. While there are some water animals that can stay on land as well, it can be a great choice if you have the desire to keep one of such animals as your pet.
Animals are known to stay better with humans and can be great companions. Even animals are better than humans as they are peaceful company and would not bother you with unwanted activities. Besides, they will also not judge you like any other human would in your life.
Talking about sea animals, you will find a range of choices in the market. However, if you are someone who wants to pet a turtle, you can absolutely do that. Even when it is not something popular, you can definitely try to become different by choosing a turtle and keeping it at home. However, for that, you would need to know the turtle price in India.
More about turtles:
Turtles are definitely not common, but not so uncommon as well. It is a sea reptile that is known for its peaceful nature. The word turtle was derived from a French word called tortue.
They have the tendency to develop shells, mainly from the ribs. It is something that you will mostly find on most continents, islands, and oceans. They breathe air, and they do not lay eggs underwater like other sea reptiles, birds, and mammals would.
You must be aware that the shell of turtles is made of bones. The upper part is commonly popular as a carapace, while the underside is the flatter plastron. The turtle’s outer surface is mostly covered with keratin scales.
It has also been seen that turtles have appeared in folktales and myths around the world. It is definitely a great pet as it is something to stay peacefully in your home. However, it is a need for you to make sure about the choice you make.
Turtle price in India
Before you choose to bring a turtle home, you should know that it is a massive responsibility to pet a turtle. You should know that there is quite a huge range of varieties present in the market and so you have to choose accordingly. The primary price of these species depends primarily on their breed, but it is better if you try to select a proper breeder to get a good quality turtle.
While there is a huge range of turtle breeds in India, here we will talk about the price of the top five most common breeds chosen by people. Let us check out the price point.
- Red ear slider turtles start from Rs.300 to 700
- Albino red slider turtles start from Rs.1,800 to 2,500
- Eastern painted turtles start from Rs.5,000 to 7,000
- Western painted turtle start from Rs.4,000 to 6,000
- Golden thread tail turtles start from Rs.4,000 to 7,000
Things to know about turtles:
Before you bring home a turtle, you should know some essential things about the species. While they are available at a range of prices in India, you must know these essential details.
- The most strange fact about these pet animals is that they would easily be able to understand who are their real owners and would start refusing meals if it is provided by any other stranger apart from their owners.
- You should know that not all the turtles that you bring will be able to swim.
- Turtles must not be kept in a medium aquarium, but you should choose a large aquarium to ensure healthy growth and happy living.
- Turtles must be provided with prescribed food, as any other food that you give to the turtle might harm them.
- They need a list of 10 gallons of water in the tank.
- When they reach adulthood, turtles require 40 gallons of water.
- All land turtles require adequate lighting and sunshine, water to swim properly, dry land, and adequate vegetation.
- There is a need to choose healthy turtles and examine them while buying.
- Turtles have a huge lifespan which is longer than humans and their food. You need to be prepared for this.
- Such sea animals require a lot of attention.
- Make sure to choose a reputable seller.
Make sure to choose a seller offering the best turtle price in India:
So this is everything that you need to know before you bring a turtle home. No denying that turtle price in India depend a lot from one seller to another and so you need to check in detail about the seller before you choose one. Also, you must know that it depends on the type of total you are choosing, which will affect the total price in India. So make sure that you do enough research before you choose this pet and know every detail about its maintenance.