WiFi Mesh Extenders, such as the Netgear EAX20, increase the length of a Wireless connection by enhancing the signal strength of the existing WiFi network. It enhances the general signal quality while transmitting over long distances. Get the connections you need for your desktops, cell phones, laptops, and other devices, including gaming consoles.
This product can be utilized in either the extender or the access point modes. It is compatible with all commonly-used routers and gateways. If your AX1800 extender is configured to work in repeater mode, the transmissions from your WiFi router are repeated. If you use it in access point mode, it will automatically build a new Network Extender from the wired Ethernet connections you provide. Use this product to build a stronger home WiFi network and to connect your office computers. Netgear EAX20 Setup is equipped with Fastlane TM Technology as well as MU-MIMO. Learn how to configure the Netgear AX1800 EAX20:
Netgear EAX20 extender setup with WPS:
The wi-fi range extender has the ability to be configured with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). WPS allows you to connect your devices to Netgear Extender even if you do not know the network name or password to use for the connection. This can be accomplished by following the very easy steps outlined below.
- Press and hold the WPS button upon on product until the WPS LED begins to blink green.
- Press the WPS button with your very configured router a second time in the same manner as before.
- The WPS LED on the repeater illuminates solid green, the network Link LED illuminates as well, and the extender successfully connections to your WiFi network.
- Unplug the Netgear AX1800 and move it to a spot that is midway between your router and the location with a weak router WiFi signal.
- Now, connect it to an electric socket and watch for the Power Indicator to become green before continuing.
- Using the Router Link LED, you can then determine the most ideal position for your device.
- If the Network Link LED is not illuminated, try connecting the extender to an outlet that is closer to the router.
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network at this point.
- Connect your smartphone to the Wi-fi network using the provided instructions.
Netgear AX1800 extender setup via Netgear installation assistant:
Installing a Netgear booster is simple when using the Netgear Installation Assistant. This helper will assist you in moving through the tasks more quickly. In order to gain access to this helper, you must go to mywifiext.net. WiFi or a wired Ethernet connection should be used to attach your devices to the Extender.
- Open any Web browser (Chrome or Firefox are preferred) and navigate to the Website mywifiext.net.
- After completing the Netgear EAX20 extender configuration, the Network Link LED light begins to blink. The Extender establishes a connection with the router’s WiFi network.
- Disconnect the Extender and move it to a different location. The point where your router meets the region with a weak router WiFi signal is known as the midpoint.
- Plugin the extender into a power outlet to complete the setup. Wait for the Power LED to turn green before proceeding.
- Use the Network Link LED to discover the most optimal position at this point in time.
- When you connect the Netgear Booster into an outlet that is closer to the router, the Device Link LED should illuminate.