The “Mini” is legendary among automotive enthusiasts. Mini Cooper is a well-known brand with a distinct identity. Mini Cooper have their unique charm, and have an iconic silhouette and body style. They are small in size, have a cute appearance, are a joy to drive with powerful performance and quick handling, and the list goes on.
Mini Cooper On Road Price in Kerala
|Model||Mini Cooper Convertible|
|Fuel||S(Petrol) (Base Model)|
|Mini Cooper Ex-showroom Price in Kerala||Rs.4,550,000|
|Mini Cooper On Road Price in Kerala||Rs.57,50,734*|
Mini Cooper Specifications
|Engine Displacement||1991 CC|
|Number of Cylinders||4|
|Max Power||189 bhp|
|Max Torque||280NM @ 1250Rpm|
|Gear Box||7 Speed|
History of Mini Cooper
- The Mini Cooper was the automobile of the stars in the 1960s, especially.
- From 1964 – 1967, Mini Coopers won the Monte Carlo Rally four times in a row (though the 1966 result was contested).
- They also took first place in races and rallies all around the world.
- Everyone wanted a Mini, preferably a Mini Cooper, whether they were movie stars, pop stars, or athletes.
- The Cooper Car Company, which designed and manufactured Cooper engines for the Mini, provided conversion kits to convert conventional Minis into Mini Coopers when production of Mini Coopers halted in the 1970s.
- Rover (who at the time held the Mini marque) reintroduced the Mini Cooper in the 1990s, and new Mini Coopers rolled off the assembly line for the first time in 17 years. They were all soon picked up by eager buyers, demonstrating that the legend was still alive and well.
- Nonetheless, the termination of manufacturing of the old Mini signalled the end of the line for the original Mini Cooper; but only for a short time.
- BMW had already agreed to release a new Mini, along with a new Mini Cooper, after acquiring Rover.
- The new Mini Cooper was thus introduced on 01/12/ 2001, and all of the cars in the first batch were sold out within a few days.
- Racing teams all over the world were keen to get their hands on one of the new cars and be the first to bring a great legend back to life on the race track or in rallies.
- In addition, the new Mini Cooper has appeared in a number of recent films, including the remake of “The Italian Job”.
Reasons to buy a Mini Cooper in India
1. Elegant Appearances
The Mini Cooper is a stylish car with a few tricks under its sleeve. The Mini Cooper has a distinct feature of its own. It has oval-shaped classic headlights with large round LED DRLs, and it is unlike any other vehicle. A Mini emblem engraved on the top, chrome inserts, and dramatic stripes in contrasting colours, all of which add to its beauty. A boxy design with massive wheel arches and 18-inch alloys, roof rails, and a roof-mounted spoiler, twin exhausts, badging on the trunk completes the package. It also comes in a variety of colour combinations, making it even more unique and appealing to the eye.
2. Interior design that is elegant
If the outward design of the Mini Cooper hasn’t piqued your interest, the interior will. It has a vintage feel to it, yet with all of the current conveniences. When you enter, you’re greeted by the instrument cluster’s large round dials. It comes with a semi-analogue, semi-digital console with primarily analogue dials, and when you open the throttle, the clockwise rotation of the speedo-needle will make you feel wonderful. It also comes with a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, as do all other Mini copper and the overall quality of the materials is outstanding.
3. Drivability with zeal, but at a low cost
The India-spec 2020 Mini Cooper has two engine choices, both of which perform admirably. It comes with a 2.0-litre petrol engine that produces 192 PS and 280 Nm of torque and accelerates from 0 to 100 km/h in under 7.5 seconds, according to BS6 standards. Cooper S and Cooper S JCW Inspired are the two trim versions for this engine. The former is paired with an 8-speed Automatic Steptronic Transmission, whereas the latter is paired with an 8-speed Sport Automatic Steptronic Transmission.
4. Practicality at a premium
Although it is dubbed a Mini Cooper which is not small and has generous proportions. The dimensions of the crossover are 4299mm long, 1822mm wide, and 1557mm tall. It also has a 2670mm wheelbase, which gives the passengers plenty of legroom. It boasts a roomy interior with plenty of storage bins and cubbyholes, as well as very comfortable seats. Despite having an all-black cabin, the Mini Cooper windows and third-quarter glass are quite spacious, so the owner will not feel claustrophobic. It also has a large boot area of 450 litres, allowing you to effortlessly transport your friends or family on weekend vacations.
5. Exceptionally low-cost
The Cooper S, Cooper S JCW Inspired, and Cooper SD variants of the 2020 Mini Cooper are available in India, as previously announced. While the first two use gasoline engines, the third uses an oil burner. The BS6-compliant Cooper SD diesel variant is the most cheap of the bunch, costing Rs. 37.40 lakhs. Surprisingly, the BS4 model used to be the same price, and Mini Cooper hasn’t raised it at all.