Belly button piercing is a common manipulation, which is used mainly by teenagers. However, among the ladies of more mature age, there are those who want to emphasize the beauty of their press with the help of such jewelry. In this article, we will talk about the pros and cons of this intervention.
Pros and cons of belly button piercing
It is worth noting that navel piercing is not the easiest manipulation and belongs to a surgical variety. This is due to the fact that the intervention is carried out in the zone of internal tissues that border the abdominal cavity, where access to all internal organs is carried out. Therefore, the zone, unlike other places, is one of the most dangerous and fraught with complications.
Some of the benefits of a belly button piercing include:
- Cute appearance
- You can wear belly button rings of different designs
- Men love belly button piercings, find it sexy
- The ability to emphasize, and draw attention to your ideal figure
Among the disadvantages of navel piercing are the following:
- High morbidity of the procedure
- Long wound healing time
- The possibility of a large number of complications, including suppuration and abscesses
- Traumatization of tissues and the ability to get into a biologically active point
In general, you should think a hundred times before resorting to such a procedure, especially if the figure is far from ideal, and you are not going to wear open tops. If the figure is not very good, then the piercing should be postponed or abandoned altogether. That is why girls aged 14-20 most often resort to such manipulations. It is worth noting that if you are under 18 years old, then the cabin may be denied. In this case, written permission from the parents is required for the procedure. Otherwise, no one will pierce the navel of a teenager.
Does it hurt to pierce the belly button?
It is necessary to devote a lot of time and attention to the choice of a salon or a cosmetologist who will carry out the manipulation. The fact is that cleanliness is important, as well as the sterility of the salon. You can additionally come to the salon and order some inexpensive manipulation to look at the behavior of the masters, as well as the cleanliness.
It is painful to pierce the navel:
- There should be no dust or dirt in the salon, and the master should work exclusively in disposable gloves using all the rules for disinfecting and processing tools. The procedure should be carried out with sterile instruments that are unpacked with you.
- To perform the procedure, special forceps with round temples are usually used, as well as a large laser-sharpened needle with the possibility of connecting a catheter. It is through the catheter that the earring is inserted and fixed. All instruments must be sterilized.
- Therefore, the master must open the craft package with you and get all the necessary accessories from there. If the specialist does not understand where he gets the tools from, you can get up and leave, refuse to carry out the procedure.
- The needle is also disposable, sterile, with laser sharpening. Almost none of the salons does not pierce the navel with a gun. This is due to the fact that usually the puncture is not even, but semicircular to emphasize the anatomical shape. This is why guns are not commonly used when performing belly button piercings.
- The procedure is painful. Sensations depend on the number of nerve fibers in this part and the thickness of the fat layer.