If you are a dog lover, you will get several choices in the market to pet one. However, if you are specifically looking for the Alaskan malamute, it is definitely a great choice. These dogs were initially bred because of their huge strength and endurance to drag heavy loads easily. These breeds can be compared to Arctic, husky, and other spitz breeds like Siberian husky, Eskimo dog, Greenland, and Samoyed dog.
In India, the Alaskan malamute is a rare species. The main reason is that they are not able to live in this humid and warm climate. However, if you want to raise one, you have to make sure to maintain a cold environment throughout with always the air conditioner on. This is the reason why the Alaskan malamute price in India is extremely high and can be said to be a highly expensive breed.
Being a high-maintenance dog, before you choose to bring the Alaskan malamute at home, it is important for you to check all the information and details. This will help you to make a correct decision. There are several factors that determine the price of an Alaskan malamute.
Table of Contents
Alaskan Malamute Price in India
Coming to the most common question asked by dog owners about the cost of this breed in India. Well, as we have mentioned that it is one of the most expensive dog breeds available in India. If you wish to get one, it would require you to pay somewhere around 2 lakhs to 3.5 lakhs.
However, keep in mind that some of the most important factors, like the breeder, grooming cost, insurance cost, dog food cost, location, and everything, determine the price of this brand. Therefore, every breeder has to provide a different price range for this specific breed.
About Alaskan Malamute
You should always be aware of the specific details about the breed before you choose one. This will help you to make the right choice and not regret it later. As this is a high-maintenance breed, it is impossible to expect a lower price tag. So before you start making your investment, make sure that you are choosing a purebred Alaskan Malamute.
- Size: As they are larger species, the male Alaskan malamute ideally grows up to 25 inches and weighs around 40 kgs. The female breeds, on the other hand, have a height of around 23 inches and 35 kgs of weight.
- Tail: The tail of a purebred Alaskan malamute is again a feature to look for. They are mostly called and have well-furred tails.
- Eyes: The Alaskan malamute mostly has almond-shaped eyes, the other medium, and size with dark brown colour.
- Ears: They mostly have triangular and medium-sized ears, with the edges being a little rounded.
- Overall built: A purebred of this breed has well muscles and sloping shoulders. They usually have very strong chests.
- Coats and colors: Most of the time, Alaskan malamute have thick coats for withstanding cold. As they were primarily designed for cold climates, they generally have a thick quality of courts. The colors can vary from red, grey, black, sable, and white.
Most common factors affecting Alaskan Malamute price in India:
You might be thinking about the reasons why this breed is available at such a huge price tag. Well, as we have already mentioned that they have a very high maintenance cost which also adds value to them. One of the primary factors that have an impact on the price is the cost that the breeder has to bear. As they have to take complete care of these specific species, they provide that tag accordingly.
Following are some of the most common factors that affect the price of this breed.
- Grooming cost: As mentioned that this breed has double thick coats, it requires frequent brushing and grooming. As they are hairy dogs, you have to pay complete attention to maintaining them. So make sure that you have all the basic grooming essentials like a proper hair brush, conditioner, nail, clippers, shampoo, and towel for this breed. However, if you don’t want to take any chances initially, it is always better to choose a professional groomer.
- Utility bills: One of the most significant expenses that you have to make when you bring home an Alaskan malamute is the utility bills. This is also one of the biggest reasons why the Alaskan malamute price in India is significantly higher. As you have to keep the air-conditioners switched on constantly, it can spike up the utility bills. So, it will eventually add to the price that you have to pay to the breeders.
- Dog foods: You should always keep in mind that the Alaskan malamute is certainly not a regular dog breed that you find in India. As they were designed to live in a completely different set of atmospheres and climates, you should always make sure to provide them with high-quality dog treats. You can find a range of dog treats available in the market specifically created for this species.
Choose the right breeder
Now, this is everything that you need to know about Alaskan malamute. However, in the market, you will find a range of choices available. Always keep in mind that the Alaskan Malamute price in India is extremely high compared to any other breed. So get ready to pay a good amount not only while buying but also to maintain this high-end breed. Lastly, remember to choose a good breeder with reliable and reputed service.