The QuickBooks Error Code OL 222 may appear when you import a QBO file from your banking institution into QuickBooks for Mac. This mistake has a significant impact on your accounting activities on the programme, bringing your essential accounting project to a standstill. In this situation, you may wish to contact your banking institution or just refer to our tutorial on how to resolve Error OL 222 in QuickBooks.
What Are the Most Common Reasons for QuickBooks Error Code OL 222?
The QuickBooks Error Code OL 222 problem might appear on your screen for a variety of reasons:
1.The QBO file’s name is in violation of the Open Financial Exchange (OFX) regulations.
2.QuickBooks Desktop is an old version.
3.The QBO file format is incorrect.
4.There are a few problems that are incompatible with QuickBooks business files.
5.Other third-party applications are interfering with OFX activities.
Methods to Resolve the QuickBooks Error Code OL 222
The QuickBooks company files can be backed up, QuickBooks Desktop updated, the QBO file format modified, and the new FIDIR.txt file on QuickBooks for Mac replaced.
We list each technique with a manual procedure to gain a better understanding.
Method 1: Manually updating QuickBooks
It is suggested that the QuickBooks Desktop be updated manually before jumping on anything. You may then back up your corporate files with QuickBooks.
- Launch “QuickBooks Desktop” after updating QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version.
- For the QuickBooks Updates & Download, please visit the QuickBooks Updates & Download page.
- Using the drop-down menu, choose your country, version, and product.
- Select “Search” from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure “Critical Fixes” are checked.
- Select “Get Updates” from the drop-down menu.
- The files can then be downloaded and installed.
Make Backup of the company file
- Choose “File” from the menu bar.
- Then, from the downloading menu choose Backup Company File.
- There are two backup choices available here: online and local. As a backup type, select Local Backup.
- Select “OK” from the drop-down list.
- Choose a location to save the backup file.
- Click on “Save” from the drop-down list.
Method 2: Make sure your QBO files are in the correct format.
One of the most prevalent causes of QuickBooks Error Code OL 222 is a file name that has one or more characters. The rules of OFX are broken by these characters. As a result, it’s critical to fix the QBO file’s format.
- From the menu, select Company File
- Then, from the drop-down menu, pick “Edit.”
- Open your file with your chosen text editor.
- In a text editor, go to Find
- Unwanted characters, such as the text “&,” should be selected. After that, get rid of everything.
- Click the “File” menu after you’re finished.
- Select “Save”.
Method 3: Replacement of FIDIR.txt File
If none of the previous methods work, remove the old FIDIR file and replace it with a new one. Make sure you have a backup of your corporate files before proceeding. It’s also worth noting that all of QuickBooks’ windows are closed.
- Leave the QuickBooks Desktop programme before starting
- Now copy the entire FIDIR.txt page text
- Next, create a new file and paste the previously copied content
- Save the new file to a place where the FIDIR.txt name might be easily found
- Remove FIDIR.txt file from original
- Tap on the Option key on your keyboard
- Now, click GO>Library in Finder programme
- To continue, navigate to ApplicationSupport /com.intuit.QuickBooks 20XX / Downloads.
- Remove FIDIR.txt from the folder
- Now access Finder application QuickBooks
- Press the control button and concurrently click QuickBooks
- Your last action will open a context menu to click. Show content of the package
- Double-click now in a new window the contents folder
- Delete the FIDIR.txt file by double-clicking the Resource folder once more.
- Copy and paste the new FIDIR.txt file into the Downloads & Resources folder that you generated previously.
- Try importing the.QBW file into QuickBooks using the same procedures.
So these are some options that must be taken into account. These methods are extremely effective and straightforward to repair the QuickBooks error problem OL-222. In the case of a problem, please feel free to contact our technical support staff if you still feel like you are lost. For quick help, please contact our free number: +1-888-202-8743.
Read More- Resolve XML errors in QuickBooks